Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fiber & Wire Earrings

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer.....

Mine is moving at light speed as usual! I am busy with planning the Fiber Center Exhibition during Fryeburg Fair week which begins on Oct 4th this year. The schedule is almost complete with just a few slots remaining to be filled. I will let you know as soon as it gets published on the web. This is a great educational event where folks can see demonstrations of a multitude of fiber arts and where supplies and fiber art materials are available for purchase as well as fine hand crafted natural fiber art and products.

On a personal note, I have been busy creating an inventory of Wire & Fiber earrings for the fair. I trialed them last year and was very pleased with the results. I had several styles that were most popular and so am focusing on those.

I have completed my stock of the Cages and Spools but am still working on the Squiggles and Ess curves. I have chosen to do a variety of colors for a nice display.

Some of my Hairlock Paintings will also be on display as part of the overall fiber show in the upper gallery of the Fiber Center.

In between planning the Fiber Center exhibition and my fiber and wire work, I am hard at work on the third annual Bermuda Fiber Festival. That event is coming along nicely and planning pretty much on schedule. There will be a big push soon on ordering materials for the event which is always an arduous task!

Additionally, I am working on some pieces for an "Artful Bra" exhibition to raise awareness and funds to help fight breast cancer. This event will take place in Bermuda at Kaleidoscope Arts Foundation in the Elliot gallery beginning with an opening on October 15th. I will just make it back to the island on that day for the event. Watch for a sneak preview of some of that work soon!

No comments: