Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sunflowers

Well the Bermuda weather is finally settling in and giving us sunny, warm and calmer days. Spring has been slow to come to us as with many parts of the world. My little garden has had it's share of gusty winds and related stress!

I though, have been making progress on the body of work for the Audubon Show on August 16th & 17th at the Gilsland Farm in Falmouth, Maine. I have recently finished pieces of Heron, Sandpiper, Loon, Rose Bud and Sunflowers. All of the birds are in the monochromatic color way but the flowers I have done with color. I am especially pleased with the "Sunflowers" painting that I added to this post, which began as a drawing that I did a few weeks ago.

I have only five more weeks to create paintings that I will have time to have framed before the show. All finished paintings will travel with me to Maine on July 1st when I will spend time with my family, prepare the dispay booth for the show and take paintings to the framer.


So off to work on my next subject! More later.....

No comments: