Monday, September 28, 2009

1 in 8: "Busting Out" in Bermuda!

Well I'm almost out the door to catch a plane for Maine to attend my annual fiber event at the Fiber Center at the Fryeburg Fair. BUT, I could not leave without posting this update regarding the fundraising event for women's breast cancer in Bermuda. The show will be held at the Elliot Gallery at Kaleidoscope Arts Foundation on Thursday October 15th.

I posted a picture in an earlier entry of the my first submission which I called "Delicate Subject". It is a teddy like top made from Silk with wool Nuno surface designs which was inspired by my interest in Sumi-e; Asian Ink Painting. If you scroll down you will see the image.

This piece is an altogehter different one! Silly and fun but with an undertone in it's title which I have gien it. "Laying of Hands".
So here it is!



Enjoy the humor but know that it has a double intendre; that I ask the universe for the healing power of the "Laying of Hands" for all women afflicted with the battle of this disease.
See you when I get back!

No comments: