Friday, June 6, 2008

HeeeeeEEEERRRRRRRRRes Jackson!






And so it is.... Jackson was born on thursday, June 5, 2008 at 12:49pm to his proud parents, Melanee & Cliff. He weighed in at 8#2 oz and was 20" long. He's a doll!



His maternal grandparents drove from Maine to Massachusettes upon hearing the news and took photos to share. Grandpa, my brother, is brimming with pleasure and pride. Though there is no mistaking that his three daughters are most precious to him, I see that he is thrilled with the addition of boys to the family and that they no doubt will take a top priority in his life.


Mother and baby are doing great and I look forward to finally meeting the newest addition to the family soon!




Here is the photo of one of the sweaters I knitted for him as promised. A hoodie with tie strings at the neck, done in a boucle machine washable yarn. I chose this color because it reminded me of his mother, a blond, who looks great in these colors. It's knitted in one piece and the hood added on by picking up stiches at the neckline. I'm not sure how I like the design fit. It seems a bit boxy and the sleeves a bit long but hopefully it will do just fine!

No comments: